Tuesday, March 22, 2022

New Card and Quilting

 Hello friends!  Hope all is well with everyone reading this.  I have been very busy helping family members get moved and settled and keeping up with my own household is keeping me busy. I started quilting a while back and am still very new to it...My sisters have created a monster!!   I actually tried quilting years ago but with a 40 hour a week job I found it unsatisfying because I am one of those crafters who need instant gratification and quilting is time consuming.  However, I decided to gie it another go since my family all quilts and I thought it would be a good time to find a common hobby.  Turns out it's very rewarding!  

Here is one of my first projects using the Quilt As You Go technique.  It's easy and fast and the end result turns out every time. My sister decorates her kitchen in lemons and I found this beautiful fabric and decided to make her a house warming gift with it. I created a table runner and placemats with it.  I also made a new card for her.  She loved it!  






My next project is in the works and will be ready soon.  I'm still working on the Quilt top and it will still need to go to the long arm quit shop to be quilted and a backing put on so I have a way to go yet.  


I'm still making cards and just hanging out at home and organizing and Spring cleaning.  All the moving and organizing I've been doing in everyone's homes has me in the mood to get my house in order!  Spring is the perfect time for that because we are still seeing some of the white stuff.


Thanks for stopping by today!





No comments:

Post a Comment