Friday, December 3, 2021

"New Neighbors" Card

 Hello friends! Today I’m sharing a new project featuring several Lavinia stamps, Distress Oxide Sprays and Glitter Gel Pens and some chalk pastels!  I'm calling this project "New Neighbors"  It is a 7"x7" panel matted on a piece of 7-1/2" x 7-1/2" and then both matted on 8"x8" black cardstock.  The panel is 110 lb white cardstock and the mats are 65 lb colored cardstock. 



This card features The Tree of Hope
The Tree of Courage
Fairy Path
Hobbit Home Large
Wild Hares Set Large
 
To begin this project I started by building the background. I used Distress Oxides - Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass. I also used Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Coral, however you can substitute this color with Spiced Marmalade or Abandoned Coral.
 
I stamped all the Images with Versa Fine Onyx Black, this can be substituted with Versa Fine Clair, Nocturne.
 
To ground the trees and home I used a piece of torn paper and simply inked over the edge with Oxide inks.  I also brought out the colors with chalk pastels.  Pan Pastels can be used for this technique.  I highlighted all the stamping with Gelly Roll Glitter Pens and a White Gelly Roll Pen.

Supply List: 

Lavinia Stamps

Distress Oxide Sprays
Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade or Abandoned Coral and Tumbled Glass


Ink:

Distress Oxide Ink Faded Jeans

Pan Pastels









Additional Supplies:

Brown Watercolor Pencil

I hope you enjoyed this project and thank you for stopping by today!


Debbie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment