Monday, August 30, 2021

Spread Your Wings Butterfly

Hello Friends!  Today I'm sharing a beautiful mixed media butterfly featuring Creative Embellishments Spread Your Wings Words and Scroll Border 2.

Fall is right around the corner here in Wyoming and we are seeing early signs so I thought I would create one more summer butterfly.

 

    

              To make this butterfly, push some modeling paste through a stencil and allow it to dry.


To make this butterfly, push some modeling paste through a stencil and allow it to dry.

Apply Gesso to the whole project. Next step is to spray with a mist of your choice, I used Glimmer Mist. I then applied wax rub to the stenciled areas.

To add the antennas I simply wire wrapped using a heavy wire, around the body of the butterfly and then added beads to the antennas.

I also applied the Gesso to the chipboard.  Allowed it to dry and then painted with acrylic paint in Periwinkle.

I added gold embossing powder to the edges of the chipboard.

To finish off this piece I added some flowers, glitter glass and beads to highlight.

Thanks so much for stopping by the my blog today!




1 comment: