Thursday, June 20, 2019

Lavinia World Fairy Dust

Hello friends!  Get your Lavinia World Stamps out and lets play!   Challenge #3 is now up on the Lavinia World Challenge blog and we are ready to go!

Today I'm sharing a fun new Lavinia World Card featuring several stamps.  For this card I used the Dandelions, Make A Wish, Fuchsia, Fairy Dust Is Like Love and Flutterby Miniature.



To start this card I used several Distress Oxide inks to create the background.  I started by masking off a circle in the center of the card and then adding my ink around the circle to create the sun.

The next step was to remove the circle mask and use the negative mask to color in the sun.   this allows you to use different colors for the sun and not bleed over onto the main background. To create the mountains I used a torn piece of paper and some darker Distress Oxide Ink to give the appearance of the ground.

 I then spritzed the whole background lightly with water.

The next step is to stamp your images, I started with Make A Wish because it is the largest stamp and focal point of the card. I wanted to make the sun look like it was in the background so I stamped the fairy on top of the sun.

Next stamp the Dandelions in the lower corner.

Stamp the Fuchsia on the top of the card so it makes it appear that she is walking under them.

Stamp the Flutterby Miniature. I stamped 3 of the butterflies all around the flowers.

The final stamp is the  Fairy Dust Is Like Love sentiment.

I colored in the Fairy's wings and Butterflies Wings with a pink Gelly Roll Pen and then added stickles to the wings.


   To finish this card I added stickles  around the main dandelion and the dandelion seeds falling from the main center Dandelion. Add adhesive gems to the centers of all the  Dandelions.



When I make cards, I always make 2.  One for my portfolio and one to give away.  I added a couple more details to the second card.  Just a little stamping with Hanging Lanterns on the side.  And don't forget the envelopes and the inside of the cards!!  


Thanks you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to play along with the design team on the Lavinia World challenge blog.  




8 comments:

  1. They're so stunning, Debbie!! The background looks amazing!! I love the color you added to the butterflies and her pretty wings!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Debbie! The colors are great and I love how the touches of pink really pops (especially on her wings).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie this card looks amazing! I love the colors on your card and the gems in the center of the flowers really makes it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, the colors on this card are stunning! The sun is bright against the darker background, then the pink just pops. It is a spectacular card x 2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for the step by step. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww! Wowwww! Wowwwww! This is exquisitely beautiful :) Loveeeeee the color combination and all the small details that just make this card PERFECT! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous set of cards, Debbie. Love the bright and beautiful colours you used. Love the pearly accents on your flowers. It all goes so beautifully together to showcase your gorgeous fairy. Her wings are amazing!
    Have a wonderful day.
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations



    ReplyDelete