Thursday, May 20, 2021

Butterfly Card Set

 

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card set featuring Creative Embellishments Flourish Butterfly Set 2 and Flourish Set 6.

Spring has finally made it's way to Wyoming and the flowers are coming upa nd trees are starting to pop!  I actually saw a beautiful Monarch butterfly and these cards were inspired by that butterfly.

To create these cards i started with a stencil and some Distress sprays.  I sprayed the stencil and used it to stamp the background using one color and then a contrasting color.

If you don't have distress Spray you can use Distress Ink, Just rub the stencil until it's covered and give it a quick spray with water.

 

    

The chipboard pieces were inked with chalk ink and to embellish them i added a flat back pearl to the centers.

 
    

 


To embellish  these cards I added some flowers and twine and crystal hearts, die cut a lacy border and layered it under the background.

I hope you will give these fun techniques a try and as always,

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment