Friday, January 31, 2020

Valentine Mailbox

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun project for Valentines Day.  Valentines Day is one of my favorite days and I start creating projects and cards almost as soon as Christmas decorations are put away for the year.  I decorate my house every year for this day and I really love the colors associated with Valentines Day.  This little mailbox will go on my mantel with my other decorations.

IMG_7692



IMG_7692


IMG_7692


IMG_7692

IMG_7698


To create this fun project I started out by covering a small mailbox I purchased at one of the dollar stores.  I used Helmar Tacky Craft Glue for this step.  


IMG_7676


Here is how it looks after covering the main part of the mailbox.


IMG_7676

The next step is to ink all the edges with a coordinating ink.  

IMG_7692

The next step is to decorate your box.  I started out by embossing some chipboard pieces with Red glitter embossing powder.

IMG_7692

To adhere some of the embellishments I need a  needle sized tip so i filled a small bottle with Helmar Tacky Craft Glue.  This allows me to spread a small amount of glue to the back of the fine lettering and framing of some of the chipboard pieces.

IMG_7691

To adhere the larger embellishments I used  Helmar Premium Craft Glue.  It dries quickly and and also dries clear.


IMG_7691

I started with the mailbox lid and adhered the larger hearts and arrows using Helmar Premium Craft Glue.  Allow the embellishments to dry.


Time to decorate the front.  I adhered flowers and a pearl flourish as shown.  

IMG_7679


I hope you enjoyed my project and hope you give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

71910001_691072334724696_8497074650281410560_n

No comments:

Post a Comment