Thursday, January 30, 2020

Lavinia World Challenge #19

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing my card for the Lavinia World Challenge #19.   The stamps I used to make these cards are Whimsical Whisps, Birds, Wild Flower and Zuri.

This card is one of my favorites!  The background was made with Distress inks and a Gelli Plate.  I simply used a brayer and brayered 3 different colors of blue distress ink  onto the plate.  I added some splatters with glimmer mist spray.  This gave it the yellow/gold spots on the background.  




The images are all stamped with Versa Fine Black Onyx ink.  To finish this card I added highlights to the Mane of Zuri with a bright yellow gelly roll pen.


Thank you for stopping by my blog today and be sure to check out the rules and come play along with the design team Challenge #19 on the Lavinia World Challenge blog!

 You can also visit our facebook page Anything Lavinia  and enter the challenge there as well. There's a $15 gift card up for grabs and we have biweekly challenges so plenty of chances to win! 



Debbie

8 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is beautiful! Your blue background with the sparkles looks awesome! How did you make the moon? Did you mask a circle after the first layer on the plate? Love the mane on Zuri. This card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rich colors, Debbie! Thanks for explaining the gelli plate. I just added one to my stash. Here is a dumb question... To achieve the moon, did you mask the gelli plate, or did you mask the piece of cardstock before transferring the color from the GP to the paper? I enjoy all your works of art, and appreciate every one of your gorgeous masterpieces! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Debbie. Your background looks amazing and is making me think about getting a gelli plate (never wanted one before :-).) Love the way you colored the horse's mane too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deb! I love the colors here and how well they worked with your stamp placement. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, so that is how you highlighted the mane..so very clever, Debbie! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scene on your card Debbie! I love your background colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent card, Debbie :) Love your background. Indeed, a geli plate is a real help :)

    ReplyDelete