Thursday, July 4, 2019

Lavinia World Challenge #4

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing my cards for the Lavinia World Challenge #4.  This card is so bright and colorful and I just love the techniques used to create it!!  I used Lavinia World Dandelions, Flutterby Miniature and the phrase stamp called Secrets are Hidden.


To create the background, I masked most of the card.  I created the mask by die cutting a heart from the center of a piece of card stock and simply laid it over the center of my card base.  Using 3 different colors of  Distress Oxide inks I colored in the Heart shape while firmly holding the mask in place on the card.

Once the heart is colored in I made sure the ink was blended in with each color.

I stamped all the images using Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink. After letting it dry for a couple seconds I added some adhesive gems from my stash to the centers of the  Dandelions.

I colored in the butterfly with a coordinating brush marker and then added Wink of Stella to the top to give it a glittery effect.

To finish up I stamped the envelope and the inside of the card the same.  




To finish up these cards I matted them on 2 different colors of card stock and then adhered them to my card base.  


Thank you for stopping by my blog today and be sure to check out the rules and come play along with the design team Challenge #4 on the Lavinia World Challenge #4 blog!




9 comments:

  1. Hi, Debbie! Gorgeously sweet with those expertly blended colors and darling dandelion enticements! Love the idea of a shaped masked, and your sweet butterfly! Beautifully done! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning, Debbie!! I love how you masked the hearts and added the gorgeous color!! The dandelions look so beautiful and the butterfly is a perfect touch!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie these cards are so pretty! Love the color combination along with the butterfly, flowers and that wonderfully fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, the colors you chose to blend are so pretty. I love those dandelions. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the hear silhouette! This is so pretty. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a bright and cheerful card. I love how you masked the background to just show the heart. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of cards. Love the masked effect with those gorgeous colours. They showcase the lovely dandelions, beautiful butterfly and sentiment, fabulously. Love everything about this card!
    Have an awesome day.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is such an elegant card! The inked background heart is perfect! Love it! Huggies

    ReplyDelete