Thursday, May 23, 2019

Lavinia World Challenge #1

Get your Lavinia World Stamps out and lets play!   Challenge #1 is now up on the blog and we are ready to go!  What I love about Lavinia World Stamps is that they are pure fantasy and I'm a dreamer, so these stamps are perfect for me to create my own stories and I get to color and stamp and  use my imagination!

So here is the card I created for this challenge.  I started by coloring  the background with Distress Inks in vibrant colors. The first step was to die cut a circle for the moon and then ink around it starting with your lightest colors first. Continue down the card with blues and finish the bottom with the color you started with.



I created an envelope to go along with the  card by stamping the corner with the Hanging Lanterns Stamp.



 I also stamped the inside of the card using the Hanging Lanterns Stamp.   I left the sentiment off to be added at a later time.  You can color this if you like but I wanted to leave it blank.


After stamping the Sea Bubbles onto the card I added Nuvo Jewel drops in Translucent color to give the Sea Bubbles a wet look and add dimension to the card.  The color dries clear and I love the look of real bubbles.









Once your color is finished you can start stamping!  I started of by stamping the Mermaid Guinevere.  This was the biggest stamp and I wanted her to fill the corner and then work around her.  Next step is to stamp the Sentiment, I chose to use the  Secrets are Hidden sentiment for this one.  Everyone loves a mysterious secret!

Now to fill in the card with Hanging Lanterns Stamp  and Sea Bubbles. I randomly stamped the   Hanging Lanterns Stamp around the bottom of the card and  Sea Bubbles around Guinevere. I wanted it too look like she was blowing bubbles.

The final step was to use a white Gelly Roll pen to fill in the small details of the Hanging Lanterns Stamp and to distress the edge of the card with a dark distress ink bring your eye to the center of the card.

Hope you play along with our challenge!  You can purchase your stamps at the Lavinia World  Store and you can play along with Challenge #1 on the Lavinia World Challenges blog.

Can't wait to see what you create!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking a peek at my project.





16 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning! That mermaid is so pretty and I love the gorgeous background you created with the realistic bubbles and that beautiful moon in the sky! Very dreamy and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your underwater scene, Debbie!! She looks so gorgeous and the bubbles are fabulous!! The colors are so beautiful!! Love this so much!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites this challenge! I have to get the bubbles. We are going to have such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debbie! Thank you for sharing your creative process - I learned so much this morning! I appreciate your use of intriguing tropical colors to give both an underwater feel, and yet, a Night of Wonder scene as well! Gorgeously composed! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Debbie! Congrats on the DT spot ... they are lucky to have you! Thanks for amazing inspiration ... will be playing along shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is fabulous. I love all the details you've added to your card and all the close up photos showing those details. Truly an amazing piece of art. Whoever receives this will be overjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a magical project! It is the perfect way to start our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly a magical setting for the beautiful Guinevere. Love the colours you used to create your background. Your bubbles look so real - love that you added the Nuvo Jewel drops to them. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs ~ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificent card! The blended background is PERFECT and those small water drops are gorgeous! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely mix of sponged colors on your background - love the water drops and the beautiful stamps you used to create your scene!

    ReplyDelete