Saturday, December 15, 2018

Creative Embellishments Christmas Countdown

Hello friends!   Today I am sharing my version of an Advent Calendar tree using Creative Embellishments Christmas Countdown Title and Tags.

This tree is fun and turns out great.  It stands about 18 inches tall and is about 8 inches at the base.  It's made of small 2 inch boxes that I made with card stock.


To create this tree I started with a round paper mache box, 7-1/2" around.  I simply covered it with pattern paper.


Next step is to make 26 2"x 2 " boxes. I used the WRMK punch board to do this. When you're finished  making the boxes, cover them with coordinating patterned paper.


Next step is to arrange the boxes on the large covered paper mache box.  You will start with 7 boxes and work your way up to one.  The next row of boxes will be 6 and continue with this pattern.  5, 4, 3, 2, 1.




Time to emboss your chipboard pieces.  I used Tinsel embossing powder in Silver.  It has just enough glitter.  I added it to the edges of the tags and then to the words, completely covering the words.  I added small silver brads to the top of the tags.




Next step is to adhere them to the small boxes, the top box does not get a tag.


To embellish this tree I added small red berries and small pine cones.  I added some snow glitter to the pine cones.  For the top of the tree I added some pine sprigs and some red gardenia flowers.


I hope you enjoyed this short tutorial and Merry Christmas Countdown!!
Debbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment