Friday, November 28, 2014

Good boots ain't cheap

Hi Everyone!  Today I want to share a mixed media layout that I created using the Multi-Mat, Get-It-Straight Laser Square and Jimbo Lojik stamps.The thing I love most about these products is how easy they make stamping on your layouts. I can't tell you how many times I've added stamping right on my layouts only to have to fix it with embellishments or cover it up because it's not straight. How many times have you made a layout only to look at it when it's finished and realize it was just a little off? 

The Multi-Mat and Get-It-Straight Laser Square is the perfect tool for making sure your layouts are perfectly straight! I matted this layout with several mats to share with you how easy this is to line everything ups and get it straight even when you distress the edges of your mats. The mat is magnetic and it comes with 4 magnets to hold your layout in place while you work on it. What made me happy is that I can still stick to my style even though it's distressed, mixed media and a little shabby!

Here's a few of the supplies I used to create this layout.



Black Stazon Ink and cleaner
Chalk Inke for inking sistressed edges - brown
Trimmer
Acrylic stamping block
Scissors
Adhesives
Patterned Paper of choice
Paper distressor
Embellishments of choice
Modeling paste
Stencil of choice
Flowers
Coordinating Sprays or mists
Gesso
Photo

 I started this project by cutting 2 mats from patterned paper, snipping the bottoms to create a banner shape.  Distress the edges and ink with chalk ink of choice I used brown. Next I outlined the area where my mats were going to be adhered and then added modeling paste using a stencil, around the outlined area,  After the pasted dried  I misted it with different coordinating mists.
Lineup your first mat on your background sheet using the Multi-Mat and Get-It-Straight Laser Square.  Adhere to background paper.

Adhere your second mat to the center of the first using the same process as previously described.  

 Adhere the final mat and photo.


Using the Get-It-Straight Laser Square and Jimbo Lojik Stamps, stamp your journaling onto a journaling card or paper of choice.

Lift the stamp and admire how straight the stamping is! 


 I added a piece of lace.

I positioned the stamped journaling on my layout and adhered it.  I layered some scraps around the journal tag.


I finished up with embellishments and some random background stamping and gessoed the flowers.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment