Thursday, July 30, 2020

Mixed Media Bumble Bee Frame

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun mixed media project featuring Creative Embellishments Bumblebees and the Chicken Wire Circle.

The Sunflowers here in Wyoming are starting to bloom and they look so pretty!
I love driving around and looking at the Farmers fields, they are filled with these happy flowers!
Sunflowers are one of my favorites.  They are so big and happy and they always have Bumblebees flying around them.

The  Bumblebees are so cute...they are made of wood and come in a variety of sizes.   To alter them I simply left them in their raw form and used a  gold wax rub on them.  I did the same with the  Chicken Wire Circle.







To make this frame I started out by painting it white and adhering a coordinating piece of patterned paper to the back of the frame.
I adhered a cut out from the same paper collection to the right center of the background and then added the title.
Adhere the Chicken Wire Circle  to the front of the frame and using the same rub that was used on the chipboard I rubbed the white frame.
To finish off this piece I adhered flowers and the Bumblebees to the outside of the Chicken Wire Circle.
I randomly added Gold Sequins and art stones to the background around the flower areas.  I gave them a quick spray with some gold glimmer mist to finish it.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Hope you'll give these great pieces a try on a project soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment