Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Spring Card Set

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card set featuring a tutorial for hand made flowers.  I chose the flower theme because Spring is almost here and for some
flowers and gardens are starting to pop up.  However, here in Wyoming we are still a few weeks out and have snow on the way.  March, April and May are our worst winter months.
Needless to say I have Spring fever as we have had snow on the ground since October!!!!  

This will be one of my last blog posts for Helmar USA, my term is over and I have decided to take a break from several teams.  I have one more project coming at the end of March so stay tuned.

IMG_7884
IMG_7884
IMG_7884

Flower tutorial: Break out your punches we are going to create some fun flowers! For these cards we will be using Liquid Scrap Dots for dimension and Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, and Helmar Craft and Hobby PVA Glue.


IMG_7863
2. Punch several large flowers from the large petal punches and several small flowers from  each punch.  Approximately 10 from each punch.

IMG_7864
3. Color them with a dauber and ink.

IMG_7866

4. This step is optional if you don't have the tools to shape them.
However, there is many you tube tutorials available on how to shape flowers.  

IMG_7866

I turn mine flowers over and rube them with the large end of the stylus ball, you can ad a light spray of water and it will shape faster,
however you will have to set them aside until they dry before using.
This is how they will look when your done.

IMG_7866

5. With 2 of the large and 2 of the small fat petaled flowers you will need to make buds for the centers of your flowers.
  Layer the Yellow flowers alternating the layers so they offset.

IMG_7871


6.  This is how your flowers should look.  Time to add the centers of the yellow flowers.  I used Flower soft for the centers of the Yellow flowers.


IMG_7871

7.   Fill the centers with Helmar Craft and Hobby PVA Glue.
Add your flower soft to the centers.  In the end I chose not to use the yellow flowers on my cards but I will set aside for another project.

IMG_7871
To put my card together I used Liquid Scrap Dots and a piece of cardboard to give my card dimension.

IMG_7875

I also adhered my embellishments with Scrap Dots for more dimension.
IMG_7875

IMG_7883
IMG_7883
IMG_7883

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!




71910001_691072334724696_8497074650281410560_n

No comments:

Post a Comment