Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Watercolor Painting with Rebecca Baer Stencils

Hi Friends!   Today I'm sharing a fun wintery card...yes I said Winter.  I know Summer hasn't even started yet but where I live it can snow in June and our summers are usually cut short by our first snowfall in October.  Anyway, I was in the mood to try this new technique I learned using a water brush, ink and stencils.  Such a fun fast way to create a project that is easy and colorful and will brighten any day not only a winter day!

1. Start off by taping down a piece of watercolor paper to your craft mat.


2. Tape down your stencil of choice over your watercolor paper, I chose Rebecca Baer's Snow Flurries Medium Stencil.



3. Fill your water brush with water and choose your ink colors.


4.Dip your wet brush tip into the ink and paint all the white areas.  It doesn't have to be perfect and some of the color may run under the stencil but it gives your piece a great tie dyed look.



5. Remove the stencil and trim off the excess.


6. Adhere it to you card base and embellish as desired.




I hope you give this fun and easy technique a try!  Thanks for stopping by the Prairie Rose Cafe today!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment