Sunday, May 28, 2017

Water Color Layout Clear Scraps

Hello friends!  So glad you could join me on the  Clear Scraps blog today!  Debbie with you sharing a fun project with you today.I don't know how many of you have ever tried water coloring but you will love it!  Trust me!  I'm not great at it, however it is the most forgiving art I have tried in a long time.  Years ago I took art classes and was an avid oil painter.  I made several paintings and got impatient with the amount of time it took to finish one painting.  You sometimes had to wait days to let the painting dry. Oil painting can stay wet for days, you can actually put them in the freezer and just pick up where you left off.  It's more of a wet on wet technique where as water coloring you want it to dry before adding the next layers of color.  It's very forgiving and so relaxing. 

IMG_3909
  To begin this layout I stamped and embossed several flower images onto my layout.  I used water color paper and it wasn't expensive and either were the water color paints.  There are many varieties available so if you're just starting out try some from the local hobby stores.  I used white embossing powder to emboss the images and simply water colored in the lines.  It doesn't have to be perfect as I said it's very forgiving!

Once my water coloring was done I added a few Clear Snap Sequins and the chipboard piece Journey.  All available in the Clear Scraps store.  I simply embossed the chipboard word with black embossing powder to make it pop a bit.

IMG_3910


Hope you give this fun  technique a try! There are tons of water coloring tutorials on you tube to learn some of the super easy techniques.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!!  
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment