Friday, May 19, 2017

Dies R Us Wedding Cake Shaker Card

Hello Friends!  Today I'm sharing another wedding card!  Just a little different and some fun techniques!

This card is a fun card that features a fun die by Tutti Designs
called the Wedding Cake.

I'm learning to paint again at my age which I won't tell you but it's

something I learned years ago but this is different.

At one time in my life I oil painted but this is so different!!

For this Card I did some water coloring, believe me when I tell you it was very basic!


The back  panel is water color paper and I very simply took a wide brush and brushes several different colors on to the paper.  
If you don't know anything about water color, there are many videos out on you tube that will teach you the basics.



Next step is to die cut the cake from the center of a piece of white card stock.  You will be using the negative for this card.

On a piece of scrap velum stamp your sentiment and adhere it to the bottom of your die cut panel.
Add some clear acetate to the back of your die cut panel and then 
Adhere foam tape around the die cut.  

Add your sequins into the center of the foam tape and on the acetate.  

Add a coordinating panel cut slightly larger than your panel and adhere it to your die cut panel.  Adhere both to a card base.

Embellish as desired.


Giving cards is one of the most personal, thoughtful and encouraging 
things you can do for a friend or loved one.  All too often 
people send a text or use social media to send
 sentiments to people who sometimes could use a little more 
personal encouragement.

The smile on a friend or family members face is worth it!
Dies R Us has so many fun dies for all occasions, be sure to stop by 
and check those out too! 

 Our design team is here everyday so be sure to stop by and let them 
inspire you to create your own beautiful projects!!

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.
  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month
 and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to
 the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important
 Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment