Monday, September 12, 2016

Shimmery Backgrounds using Acrylic Paint, Iridescent Medium and Rebecca Baer Stencils

Hi friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun background building technique to add shimmer to any project.  I used  the Rebecca Baer Moroccan Tile and Vine Stencil - Large to create this background.


The first step is to position the stencil on your patterned paper. I wanted to use the flourish and the vine on the side of the stencil.


The next step is to mix your acrylic paint with Iridescent Medium.  The paint I chose is a metallic in platinum and the medium also has some shimmer to it. Once you have this mixed, apply it to the stencil and patterned paper by spreading it evenly with a palette knife.


I like to dry mine with a heat gun because it gives it a bubbly effect which adds more texture.  Once it's dry add some sprays and splatters to your background.


Time to put your layout together, I chose to add some chipboard pieces that I embossed in platinum embossing powder. In these photos you can see the texture from the stenciling. Add some flowers for a final touch.




I hope you give this technique a try, it's fun and gives any project a rich shimmery effect.


Thanks for stopping by the Prairie Rose Cafe today!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment